Following the publication of “Menace of the Doomsday Orgy”, the third and final instalment in the “Adventures of Alexa” trilogy, many of you (including voices in my head) have asked me – “And what now?”
Well, there won’t be any more books coming, at least not in the foreseeable future. Unless, of course, senility kicks in early. I do, however, have a couple more additions to the franchise in me. And I mean exactly two.
For the sake of needless drama, I will not reveal at present what these are. Suffice to say they will not be sequels. But, rest assured, they are guaranteed to blow the jerksock off your dick.
Back in 2016, when I first started writing the “Adventures of Alexa” series I thought it would be a fun little side project and that I would write dozens upon dozens of short stories. But that’s really not my jam, as it turns out. It seems that I’m a pathological sucker for long format novels; and these fuckers take a lot out of you.
I have enjoyed the journey immensely, but I’m not willing to commit to it for life. What I’m saying is it’s not you. It’s me.
For me, being a writer, doesn’t scratch the itch of “communicating ideas with my readers” nor is it about “sharing”. Writing is a very troublesome and slow way of getting the satisfaction of a job well-done. And that’s what I’m getting out of all this: my dopamine fix of having created something and shaped it into the finest form I could muster.
Now I’m perfectly content to let it lie, surrendering it to the world and to its quiet little corner of posterity. That’s my happily ever after.


No comments:
Post a Comment